FSUS is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
The following information is required before an instructional position application will be considered complete:
- Three professional references.
- Transcripts of course work at all colleges and universities.
- Proof of eligibility for Florida Certification.
How to apply if you are a non-FSU employee:
- You must apply at https://jobs.fsu.edu.
How to apply if you are an FSU employee:
- Login using OMNI.
- Select OMNI Human Resources link and the Job Openings section.
Search by Keywords (Posting Title) or Job ID #, sort by the Posting Title or Job ID # by clicking their column headings.
Job ID #:
FSUS Athletic Coach OPS 45709
FSUS Athletic and Recreational Bus Driver 45696
Temporary and Permanent Certification
In order to receive a FSUS coaching stipend, applicants must hold a temporary or permanent Coaching Certification issued by the State of Florida Department of Education; pass a level II background check, and complete the NFHS concussion, sudden cardiac arrest, and heat related illness online training courses.
(a) The three-year nonrenewable temporary certificate may be issued to an applicant who does not qualify for the professional certificate but meets the following requirements:
1. Holds a valid Official Statement of Status of Eligibility as specified in Section 231.17(1)(b), Florida Statutes, which reflects that the applicant has satisfied specialization requirements for the subject requested,
2. Obtains full-time employment in a position for which a Florida educators’ certificate is required in a Florida public, state supported, or a nonpublic school which has a Department of Education approved system for documenting the demonstration of required professional education competence. Verification of employment shall be submitted by a Florida district superintendent or designee or the chief administrative officer, and
3. Satisfies the fingerprint requirement as follows:
a. Submits the original fingerprint reports which have been processed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Federal Bureau of Investigation as specified below:
(I) Original fingerprint reports shall be provided by the employing district, state supported school, or nonpublic school. A name and description search shall be acceptable in lieu of a technical fingerprint search after two (2) sets of fingerprints are declared illegible by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement or the Federal Bureau of Investigation or when an individual is unable to provide fingerprints because of a physical disability, and
(II) Fingerprints shall have been submitted to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Federal Bureau of Investigation within the two-year period immediately preceding the date of employment for which the certificate is required, or
b. Holds a Florida educator’s certificate which has not expired for more than one (1) school fiscal year from the date the application for a certificate is received by the Bureau of Educator Certification.
(b) Expired temporary certificates. A three-year nonrenewable temporary certificate may be issued to an applicant who held a temporary certificate but did not hold a temporary certificate for the school year immediately preceding the school fiscal year for which the certificate is requested and meets all requirements specified in paragraph (1)(a) of this rule.
Permanent (5) year coaching certification
Specialization Requirements for the Endorsement in Athletic Coaching — Academic Class.
Certification in another subject, and
Nine (9) semester hours in athletic coaching to include the areas specified below:
(a) Three (3) semester hours in care and prevention of athletic injuries and the effects and dangers of drug use including performance enhancing drugs,
(b) Three (3) semester hours in coaching theory,
(c) A course in theory and practice of coaching a specific sport, and
A valid cardiopulmonary resuscitation course completion card or certificate issued by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross or an equivalent cardiopulmonary resuscitation course completion card or certificate issued by an entity approved by the Florida Department of Health pursuant to Rule 64J-1.022, F.A.C.
Specific Authority 1001.02, 1012.55, 1012.56 FS. Law Implemented 1001.02, 1012.54, 1012.55, 1012.56 FS. History-New 12-4-89, Amended 10-26-05, 1-16-08.
FDOE Certification Courses
Click here to take the course for athletic certification: North East Florida Education Consortium
In addition to the above courses please take the Bullying, Hazing, and inappropriate behaviors course on nfhslearn.
State Requirements: Florida